Macfab Manufacturing Inc is a contract manufacturer of components and subassemblies used in medical research and diagnosis, narcotic and explosive trace detection, satellite attitude and navigation and electric vehicle manufacturing. Our customers are the global leaders in their respective fields of medical equipment, security and defense, satellite manufacturing and launch and EV vehicles.
We offer our employees a positive and respectful workplace, competitive wages and salaries, training, apprenticeships and career growth opportunities, health benefits for employees and their families and a company pension plan.
The Process Engineer, under the direction of the Engineering Manager, will be responsible for preproduction planning of new and repeat orders (as required), identification of customer requirements and specifications, production capabilities, constraints, tooling and establish inspection plan and criteria.
In addition, the Process Engineer will have significant interactions with the Operations Manager, Production Supervisor, CNC Programmers, Quality personnel and our customers’ engineers to drive continuous improvement, using technical knowledge and experience to improve processs, efficiency, effectiveness, utilization, eliminate waste and maintain high quality and customer expectations.
The position requires a minimum of a degree or diploma in a related field of manufacturing and three years of related experience.
The primary role of the Process Engineer is to add value by preplanning, establishing customer requirements, identifying production and capabilities gaps.
Five aspects have been identified as key to continuous improvement (others may also be identified):
- Technical drawings –Improve efficiency and effectiveness by reviewing, interpreting and analyzing customer provided drawings, technical data and customer expectations, resolving difficulties and/or missing information prior to production.
- Processs, methods and tooling – Review, evaluate, develop and optimize manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness by applying knowledge and experience of machining, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials.
- Waste – The elimination of waste including delay, over production, scrap, defects, over processing, inefficient processes, methods and duplication.
- Implementation – Lead the implementation of approved changes. It is essential for success to gain the cooperation and support of stakeholders to through clear and concise communication, a clear action and implementation plan and subsequent review and analysis.
- Analysis and Reporting – Prepare preproduction and post production reports and analysis for review by senior management.
- Problem Solving – Trouble-shooting and problem-solving technical, process, methods and customer expectations by applying knowledge and experience of machining, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials.
- Technical Knowledge – Technical knowledge in reading and interpreting drawings and technical information, machining, assembly and fabrication process and methods supported by degree or diploma in a related field and minimum three years’ experience
- Client/Customer Focus – Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Continuous Improvement – Strives to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Interpersonal Communication – Written and oral interpersonal communication is essential in dealing with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Decision Making – Makes concrete, well-informed and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions even when data and details are limited.
- Innovative – Able to think outside of the box in order to develop creative and new solutions or products that meet current and future needs.
- Judgement – Ability to use sound reasoning when faced with various issues.
- Problem Solving – Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Time Management – Balances tasks and prioritizes duties as needed.
In compliance with Ontario accessibility laws, Macfab Manufacturing welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities that meet the requirements, experience, qualifications and abilities required for the position.
Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.