Macfab Manufacturing Inc is a contract manufacturer of components and subassemblies used in medical research and diagnosis, narcotic and explosive trace detection, satellite attitude and navigation and electric vehicle manufacturing. Our customers are the global leaders in their respective fields of medical equipment, security and defence, satellite manufacturing and launch and EV vehicles.
We offer our employees a positive and respectful workplace, competitive wages and salaries, training, apprenticeships and career growth opportunities, health benefits for employees and their families and a company pension plan.
The CNC Lathe Setter position will be required to perform tasks involving set up, verifying and operating CNC lathes and perform in-process quality checks to ensure conformance to drawing specifications and other similar duties.
- Read and interpret drawings, reading CNC coded and setting CNC lathe
- Attention to detail and quality requirements
- Able to use measuring devices
- Interpersonal communication, follow verbal and written instructions
- Problem solving skills
- Organization Skills
- Setting CNC Lathe machines for production
- Visual and measure quality checks
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment by maintaining housekeeping standards and safe working practices
- Problem solving
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years lathe setting experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Machinist certification an asset
- The ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Strong communication skills, reading text and numeracy
- Excellent attention to detail
In compliance with Ontario accessibility laws, Macfab Manufacturing welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities that meet the requirements, experience, qualifications and abilities required for the position.
Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.