Responsible for machine and basic facilities maintenance, cleaning, and repair. This position is permanent full-time and based out of our Mississauga manufacturing plant. The schedule is 40 hours a week Monday to Friday on the day shift with occasional weekends. The schedule will fluctuate depending on maintenance needs. Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and assists Millwright when required.
- Maintain manual and CNC manufacturing equipment through consistent preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain Metal Working Fluids (MFW’s) recycling system, machine coolant sumps, and related systems.
- Take plant readings and maintain maintenance logbooks.
- Maintain metals and general waste materials recycling program.
- Undertake or assist with general building maintenance repairs and basic construction work.
- Assist with machinery repairs including other mechanical equipment required for operations.
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are being followed.
- Adhering to H&S policies and programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years’ relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- An eagerness to learn how to troubleshoot production and material handling equipment issues.
- A solid mechanical ability and proficient in using all hand tools and power tools.
- Must have the aptitude to learn how to read and interpret machine schematics, sketches, and blueprints.
- Required to work on machinery.
- Tow-Motor and Scissor lift operation.
- Working at heights.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
In compliance with Ontario accessibility laws, Macfab Manufacturing welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities that meet the requirements, experience, qualifications and abilities required for the position. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.