The Quality Inspector reports to the Quality Manager and ensures quality standards are met and aligned with customer requirements. The Quality Inspector is responsible to follow and enforce quality standards, policies and procedures in support of efficient quality management.
- Technical knowledge of precision machining
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and documents
- Analytical and problem solver
- Ability to perform first off, in process and final inspections
- Knowledge of metals, metal alloys and engineered plastics
- Programming and operation of CMM and vision systems
- Knowledge of various measuring tools and gauges such as CMM and Vision system, verniers, callipers and micrometers
- Knowledge of surface finish and measurement
Key responsibilities & duties
- Perform first off, in process and final inspections of parts as well as incoming material and component inspections to ensure they meet quality standards
- Use CMM and Vision systems and various gauges and measuring devices
- Apply sound judgement in making quality related decisions and problem solving
- University degree in engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of direct quality work experience in precision machining environment
- Detailed oriented and analytical decision maker
- Ability to read, review and create technical documents
- Knowledge of precision measuring devices
Ready for a challenge?
Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to Human Resources c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In compliance with Ontario accessibility laws, Macfab Manufacturing welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities that meet the requirements, experience, qualifications and abilities required for the position. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.