The Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for adding value by working with the Engineering and Production teams, interpreting and manipulating technical drawings to develop efficient and manufacturing processes, methods and bills of material.
In addition, the Manufacturing Engineer works with Engineering and Production teams to interpret customer-provided drawings, improve manufacturing processes, and drive continuous improvements to meet customer and company needs.
- Excellent reading and interpretation of technical drawings
- Understanding of precision machining, manufacturing processes, methods and computerized routings and bills of materials
- Proficient working knowledge of Cad software, preferably SolidWorks
- Solid ability to manipulate drawings
- Knowledge of plating, heat treating, materials and metallurgy
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Preplanning, establishing customer requirements, identifying production and capabilities gaps
- Assist in the development of manufacturing and process routings, drawings and schematics for production and inspection processes
- Develop solid CAD models and drawings for computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations
- Redline drawings as per shop and customer requirements
- Conduct work measurement and time studies to facilitate production efficiency improvements
- Analyze drawings and produce controls plans in support of quality assurance
- Input shop feedback routing entries into system to assist quoting
- Review and update engineering drawings and folders daily to ensure it is in appropriate structure
- Create tooling and fixture designs
- Track and update machine list
- Prepare operating and maintenance manuals for new machines
- 5 years precision machining experience
- University degree or equivalent
Ready for a challenge?
Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to Human Resources c/o email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In compliance with Ontario accessibility laws, Macfab Manufacturing welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities that meet the requirements, experience, qualifications and abilities required for the position. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.